Friday, June 5, 2009

Minority Report

Surprisingly, I haven't seen the film Minority Report. However, I have read the first half of Philip Dick's "The Minority Report." Even though I haven't seen the movie, the story gives me a good idea of what it's going to be like. After reading the first half of the short story, I know that it is set in the future because of the technology of precrime. John Anderton, head of the precrime department, finds his name on a card that reveals he is going to kill a man he has never heard of before, Leopold Kaplan. Obviously, he knows he is being set up somehow. In order to make this into a film, I would add more character development because we don't really know much about the main characters. Also, when Anderton is given his new identity as an electrician, I would make into more of a chase since people are after him. Like in the Bourne Identity, when Jason Bourne is constantly being chased by the antagonist and continually changing his identity with hopes of not getting captured.

No comments:

Post a Comment