Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Favorite and Least Favorite Story

Out of all the stories we read, I would have to say Bradbury's "The Veldt" was my favorite. I also chose this one for my Film Adaptation paper. I found this story to be a fun and easy read. This story also reminded me of the Disney movie Smart House that aired years ago, but I loved it. As I was reading it, I kept relating it to that movie and it gave me a good mental image of what the Hadley's house would've been like.

My least favorite story was probably "Girl." Being one long, drawn out sentence, I just felt like it was a pointless read. Nothing about it intrigued me and I didn't understand the meaning of it. Maybe if there would've been more background information on the mother and daughter, it would've made more sense. To me, the story was just too underdeveloped. Overall, I liked the majority of the stories we read this session. I never thought I would enjoy them as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment